How often do you hear people state that “change will only happen if there is real leadership backing”?
You probably believe this to be true. But how do you secure leadership support?
Faced with the demands of their ‘day job’, uncertainty over what the change is, and a weariness of previous change efforts, leaders often struggle to give the backing and support required.
Here are some of the challenges we help our clients address:
• Common language – we help build clarity over what to call the project, and how it is described to ensure common purpose, focus and to avoid confusion and contradictions.
• Involvement – leaders at every level are fundamental to successful change. But they can often feel as if change is something that is being ‘done to them’, rather than something they can and should be leading. We provide our clients with the strategic and tactical support to ensure this key group are passionate advocates for the change.
• Champions – we help our clients look beyond the management pool and involve those key influencers in the organisation whose authentic support is vital to success.
• Communications – are critical to successful change, but often our clients can’t get enough of their managers to communicate. We can provide these managers with the content, skills and motivation to communicate the change to their teams.
• Operational priorities – we help translate the change project’s high level objectives into local actions and priorities that managers and their teams can own.
Able and How helps clients create a clear, compelling case for change that makes it stand out from previous efforts. We help leaders to build a sense of urgency within their teams.
We design and run leadership workshops targeting buy-in. We help leaders to communicate their vision and goals in simple language.