Our clients understand the need to get their people to adopt the change in order to realise its full value, and maximise the benefits. They choose Able and How because of our ability to help them remove resistance and increase adoption so that change becomes the new normal.
The UK’s largest bank was mandated to separate its insurance arm on a tight timeframe.
In order to separate insurance from the bank a multi-million investment was made over a 12 month period. A new company was launched, including the roll-out of new systems, processes and even entire departments.
Effective communication was required to ensure the change was successfully delivered, and to minimise potential disruption to daily operations.
- Working together with the local team we drove the change and communications implementation strategy for the divestment.
- We oversaw the high level planning for all milestones requiring communication.
- We identified critical processes within workstreams and established how they would be communicated to stakeholders.
- Employees understood the separation and what it meant for them.
- Consistent communications was delivered effectively and on time.
- The bank successfully divested the insurance business.
- The organisation launched the most successful IPO of the year.
Mining and Energy
Our client a long-time pillar of the FTSE 100, launched a three year global transformation programme to unlock shareholder value through asset divestment, major restructuring and cost-reduction activity.
The client required an integrated approach and plan, with enhanced change and engagement management.
The client had historically struggled to execute on strategy, and such a significant change programme risked disruption and uncertainty.
- Conducted a positioning exercise to establish a single view of change.
- Mapped scope of the change to direct programme messaging and developed core transformation messages to deliver consistent communications.
- Established stakeholder engagement process and up-skilled client team in key methodologies, skills and frameworks.
- Supported work-streams in managing the transformation across the organisation and ensured benefits were realised.
- Fully aligned change management workstream with the PMO.
- Engaged and informed leadership, who had the confidence and tools to lead the change.
- Structured approach to programme and change delivery, based on leading practice methodology and tools.
Pharmaceuticals and Life sciences
Our client a global Life and Material Sciences company has commenced on transforming their business to a global company.
Central to the transformation was to create the case for functional change, perform a review on their functions and develop a target operating model.
- Worked with the dedicated PMO to verify the communications function vision and review the current function.
- Refined and detailed the Target Operating Model options, informed by a functional maturity assessment and our experience of leading-practice organisation design.
- Developed the long-term functional roadmap.
- Resulted in a blueprint to establish a communications function that grows relevance and esteem for the company brands.
- A function that protect and enhances the reputation of the business.
- A case for change that proves the contribution the function will make to the business results.
Fast Moving Consumer Goods
Our client, one of the world’s largest soft drink bottlers, had launched a major transformation programme to restructure and transform the supply chain in one of its key markets in order to improve financial results in that market.
Client recognised challenges to implementation due to nature and complexity of the transformation, risking disruption and uncertainty.
Client required to track and monitor progress of the programme to ensure successful implementation.
- Conducted change assessments using the Change Index diagnostic tool, at various points throughout the transformation programme.
- Presented findings and recommendations to leadership and agreed intervening actions to ensure the programme remained on track.
- Interventions ensured successful programme delivery.
- Success of programme translated into a speedy return to business as usual following a major transformation.
- Engaged and informed programme leadership, who had the confidence and data to make informed decisions.
Telecoms and Medias
Global telco, based in Middle East, successfully building its group for 10 years by acquiring operating companies in 17 different markets.
Each operating company operated separately under their own brand.
The group needed to launch a single global brand internally and embed it in the organisation.
- Worked with the brand PMO developing and executing the strategy and plan for the global launch .
- Created engagement and communication plans, to support the activation of the brand across the entire business.
- Worked with operating company implementation teams to ensure consistency and coherence in the global roll-out.
- Brand was launched on time and on budget to all 17 markets globally.
- Local operating companies were able to quickly align their senior leaders around the purpose and value of the brand.
- Flagship operating company customer brand score increased significantly within 6 months of launch.
One of the world's largest engineering consultancies was going through a significant UK wide transformation and required change and communications support for the programme.
- Delivered a detailed change and communications plan and aligned it with the PMO.
- Identified twelve priority workstreams for specific support and managed the change and communication milestones within the workstreams.
- Managed the transition to business as usual and embedding of the new behaviours ensuring the key milestones were met.
- Guided the programme leaders through the change decision making to ensure key areas of the business were protected.